1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg 410HLF vs. GK Neo 412

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flaggus, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Looking for opinions on these two cabs... here's the story: I'm in the process of getting a new GK rig. I just got the 1001RBII head, but the Neo 412 cab is still in the factory somewhere. In the meantime I've got a pretty big weekend gig coming up so I rented an Ampeg 410HLF. Now, I ordered the GK 412 based off of what I read - not the best method - but no one around here carried them and at the time I wanted a matched rig. So in trying out the 410hlf, the sound is growing on me. It's definitely has the 'ampeg' sound, which is to me low dense and a bit dark. But it's punchy and has no problems at all with 'B' string, copious low end in fact without sacrificing too much in the high mids and treble.

Has anyone used this combination or the GK NEO412/1001RB2? your thoughts?

2. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    I've heard it,

your jaw will drop.

3. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Forget the Ampeg.

GK all the way. That rig will make your balls fall off. It is so massive you won't know what hit you. Don't even think about it. There is no better choice than the GK 1001Rb-II and the NEO 412.;)

4. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Brands aside...

A 412 will eat a 410 for breakfast, **** it out and eat it again for lunch without flinching.

5. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Get the 412...Visirale speaks the truth

6. Seams like there is a consensus. I'm definitely getting the 412 - it's already ordered and paid for, just a matter of receiving it. Thanks

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Good job. You done good.