Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg 4pro, 2-410,1-215 hook up

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by willwonka, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Quick question for some one who has some experience with this, and if it is possible and if it would work.

Right now I have a Ampeg svt pro4, 4-10hlf and a 2-15e.

I was thinking of hooking up 2 4-10hlf cabs off the head, in stereo, which is fine, now... how would i go about hooking up my 2-15e. Is it possible to run a cable out from the bi amp lo on the back of the head to a separate power amp then to my 215e, and would I still be able to use the cross over frequency on the front of the Amp.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I would run one of the 4x10's and the 2x15 in parallel then plug the other 4x10 into the other 4x10 in series.

I hope that helps.

3. Thanks for the reply,

But would I have trouble with enough power to run the cabs off my head, and would there also be a issue with ohms if I wired the 2-4x10's in series (the cabs are 4 ohm), I am not overly knowledgeable on how exactly things work with ohms, but my understanding is that if I wired the 2-4x10's in a series, it would drop the load down to 2 ohms, and I dont think my head would support it. If this is incorrect let me know, and if you guys would have anymore ideas of how to do it or if my initial idea would work, let me know.

Thanks,

4. BigMac5

BigMac5

Nov 26, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Get a Ampeg SVP-1600?