1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg 4x10 questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oldno7, Apr 17, 2010.

1. oldno7

oldno7

Dec 29, 2009
    I bought a 4x10 ampeg today and had rehersal i dodnt need the cabinet but for the price i couldnt pass it up, ok over the past 2 years i have been playing a G.k. rb 400 through a G.k. 115 and 2x10 and i love the sound I have mastered. Now when i used the ampeg 4x10 today Im not sure what i was expecting but the lows were really low which i like it is built like a tank and dosnt distort at high volumes but i had to eq my head with the bass turned way down and the high and mid highs way up and i still dont get to much punch is this normal. what should i expect from this 4x10

2. Is the cab an Ampeg HLF 410?

If so, the cab does have great low end. Just tweak your head to have the eq the way you want it set.

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    which 410 is it? 410HE? 410 HLF?
    you may have to just take some time with it.. I find the 410HE to have PLENTY of punch and be VERY lively.. one of their best if ya ask me. You SHOULD be able to get what you want out of them but you may have to take time adjusting your EQ different than youre used to with a GK.

try this.. EQ with the bass back in, but cut the low mids around 300hz a little and see what happens.