1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg 4x10's, how do they handle the low b?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Afrokid, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Afrokid

Afrokid

Nov 24, 2006
    Im interested in knowing how ampeg svt4x10's handle low B's?

2. I had a 410HE which handled my lowest notes fine, but the 410HLF has an extended range which is supposed to help lower notes sound tighter. It's also more powerful. Check it out, it's supposed to be an excellent cab.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I used to own an SVT410HLF. It handled the lows very well, even a low B.

4. +1, the 410HLF is an excellent cab and it handles low frequencies very well.

5. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    SVT 410hlf goes plenty low for the 5th string. This cab disperses sound rapidly and will fill a room with a large amount of bass quickly. This cab is great for getting that vintage Ampeg vibe with more lows and highs than the 810e can do.

If you want the ultimate low end from Ampeg, the PR410hlf will give you more lows than you can imagine. This cab is great if you want a cleaner version of the Ampeg tone with a ton of power.