Ampeg 4X10s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xpcapox, Dec 1, 2004.

1. xpcapox

Nov 19, 2004
    Right now I am in the market for a new cab. I want to get an ampeg 4x10,but i need to decide what kind to get. There are so many to choose from. I play alot of everything from classic rock to hardcore to ska. Im going to be playing a Hartke 3500 head thru it and my bass is a schecter C-5 w/ active pick ups. Anyadvice,reviewspersonal expeirence stories would be very helpful.
    thank you for your time.
  2. Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    I personally have the Ampeg SVT-410HE, it sounds very clear and has an adjustable level for the tweeter to control the high end. Tho it tends to lack more of the very low end; I also use a 1x15, which makes up for that.

If your planning on using the 4x10 stand-alone, i would probably get the SVT-410HLF instead, has extended bottom range
  3. I also play the SVT410 HE cab and use it with the SVT15E I personally like the non ported 4 x 10 as they are more punchy. The 410hlf is a very deep sounding cab and only 4 ohms so its on its own im afraid.I had the 610hlf and this also was far too bassy and boomy.

The 410he is a good cab, so is the SVT210HE with the SVT15E cab very good combination.

The Hartke 410VX series cabs are low cost and work well with the low cost Hartke heads.

I personally think that the top end brand cabs are over priced and are not worth the bucks / pounds etc.I guess thats why so many of you USA dudes use Avatar as they are good cabs and well priced.

Stick a badge on it and double the price !!!

Listen with your ears and not your eyes as they often say

4. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I would really recommend the SVT 410 HLF. I've been using it for quite awhile now, and I love it. If you don't mind the approx. 100lb weight(it does have 2 wheels and a bar to tilt it back and roll it) then I would say go for it. Hopper at will give you a pretty good deal on a new one, but they may even have a used or demo one for sale. There's my $0.02
  5. Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    I agree on the SVT-410HE and SVT-410HLF, they're fantastic, but if I were you I'd be wary of the BSE-410HLF. I may be crazy, but I thought that cab sounded wooorlds worse than the other two I mentioned. And it's ugly, you know?
  6. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    To seek further research reviews prior to buying check out reviews on this site and at There are other sites as well with review pages but these will get you started. I have the SVT4x10HLF and love it. But be forwarned, it is deep! :eek:
  7. Another vote for the SVT-410HLF. It's a great standalone cab but it's HEAVY! Easy to move once it's out of the car but hard to get in and out!
  8. softscrubmonkey

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis
    yeah tally another for the 410 HLF, i agree it is a beast to move but it gets a BEAST of a sound. excelent low end. it packs a punch. definitly worth it.
  9. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i have a BSE410-HLF i bought used. at 93 pounds a bit heavy, but with a QSC RMX-850 a bit LOUD! ;)

the casters were pure ****..... screws always coming loose and whatnot. but some bigger screws and locking nuts fixed that :)
  10. Jebthebassist

Dec 8, 2004
    I too am looking to buy a 410 ampeg cab. I've been doing lots and lots of research on them. I'm leaning towards the SVT-410HLF or the PR-410HLF. Both cabs are very good but I'm unsure what to get. All I know is that I'm going to buy one of the two. :)
  11. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I do a metal/rock kind of thing with a bit more of a modern tone, through two BXT cabs. If you want a hi-fi modern tone without lugging around the Pro cab, give 'em a listen.