Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg 610 vs. avatar 410/behringer b1800x set up

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ErikKrueger, Jul 30, 2004.

1. what do you guys think will produce a better ound overall/. my band is doing a tour really soon and i need to get my up to par with being able to handle more and louder shows. what do you think i should go forthere would be question marks in there, but my shift key is broken. thanks a bunch.
    cheers.

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I'd go with the Ampeg 610 man, I own the Avatar and it just doesn't have that same big heavy sound. It's also half the price and while for the price it's a good cabinet the Ampeg would be my choice. Good luck, have fun!

3. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    US
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    Better sound? Ampeg by far. Keep in mind though Ampeg and Avatar use USA Eminence speakers. The difference then you ask? Cab design and function. I have been on a 2 year trek of cabinet research. Having little funds (hobby player with wife and kids) I wanted to make my purchase last me forever, (literally). I spent the last two years on Ebay for used pricing and manufacturers web sites for stats. Ampeg is seen on almost every stage for a good reason. They make awesome bass equipment! The 610 will complete your package (for a price) and let the audience know your a real player. But remember Ampeg's are heavy! When it was all over, I purchased Ampeg and and now will own nothing else. :hyper:

4. shaunathan32

shaunathan32

Jan 18, 2004
    Ampeg 610 sounds great. Really i cant think what music it wouldnt work with. Avatar I havent really seen much of but i would go with the ampeg.

5. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i have the ampeg 6x10hlf and i love it. I run it with an ampeg head which helps. I kinda found after going through alot of amps that matching heads and cabs of the same company for the most part sounds and looks alot better. Cant comment on the avatar cuz ive never played one. keep in mind what Basspolizei said about the weight. Its not too bad cuz its on wheels but you literally wont be able to move it up or down staris by yourself.