AMPEG 610HLF brand new-Trade for smaller cab(s)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Bonafide, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    As stated, I have a brand new Ampeg 610 HLF cab-front ported.The tone is very sweet but you need muscle to move it (Actually only 5 lbs. heavier than the 410 but not as wide). I am looking to down size to 2 12's or even a 15 and 2-10's for portability.

I would Ebay it but the weight is an issue for shipping. If you live in Southern or Mid California and have any high quality cabs to trade, even a 410 is possible, please let me know.
    I would be willing to sell it outright as well for $675 brand new.

Thank you.
  2. I have a smaller cab, check my profile. And it's the pro model, not the SVT model.
  3. deluxeg

May 5, 2001
    I have an Eden D410T that I would be willing to trade, maybe we could work something out on shipping. The Ampeg is my dream cab.
  4. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    deluxeg- Any more info on the Eden?
    Condition? How old? where I can find specs?

BassnSax- Thanks for reply. I like the Pro series cabs with the exception that the speakers are rated so high. You really need to push alot juice through them before you get a good sound from them and they don't have the sweet long 'throw' of the classic series.

5. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    Geez Pat, we would both go broke shipping. Besides the 610 HLF sounds REALLY REALLY good. The 410 wouldn't be a good trade for me. I want to go smaller but powerful like EA or Epifani.

I just bought an Ampeg porta bass head with the porta Bass 210 cab.. Super light and super powerful (And REALLY Un-Ampeg like..Hi-Fi and really nice voicings, very transparent).
    I might just keep the 610 for those rare outdoor shows.

6. deluxeg

May 5, 2001
    Well if your still interested in trading here is a picture.

the specs

Model D410T
    Price $999.90
    Size 23"W x 23"H x 18.5"D
    Weight 90 lbs.
    Power/imp. 540 Watts RMS - 8 Ohm
    Speakers 4-EC 1060F Cast Frame & 1-E2700 Cast Bell Horn
    Crossover 18DB/Octave Auto-Comp.
    Sensitivity 105DB SPL @ 1w 1m
    Frequency Response +/- 2db 80hz to 14khz
    -6db @ 50hz

Hope your still interested because it would be great to have an Ampeg cab to go with my Ampeg head.
  7. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    hehehehe.... yeah, i know! :D Just thought I would try...