Ampeg 610HLF or Hartke XL810?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scatman, Dec 29, 2003.

1. scatman

Jun 12, 2003
    I've played on both, and it's a tough call! The Ampeg 610 was played with a B2R head, while the HA7000 hooked on the 810.

Love the lows and punch in both!
  2. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

You Played em, you choose. The Hartke is a sealed box 4 x 210s.
  3. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Are you kidding me? Ampeg or Hartke? Have you ever seen Will Ferill on SNL playing Harry Carey, he asks one of his guests, "would you like to be the top scientist in your field, or get mad cow disease?"

It's kind of like that. Ampeg.

P.S. I know this sounds a little rude, but it was not my intention to be rude, I promise.
  4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    ampeg (*slap*). no, ampeg all the way man.
  5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Ampeg. If you blow the speakers on it, at least you won't get killed by flying aluminum shrapnel.
  6. jjs

Jan 26, 2003
    czech republic
    i owned hartke 8x10 XL --> i sold it and bought ampeg 810E --> better cuts in a band, but especially better construction!!! i advise you ampeg 6x10. harkte brought me lots of troubles ...
  7. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Like what kinda troubles..??
  8. I like my ampeg 810 but the Hartke is a sealed design like the ampeg 810 and I do love the sound of those aluminum cone speakers (used to own a 410XL).
  9. jjs

Jan 26, 2003
    czech republic
    rockbobby >>> carpet on the back unglued after two weeks. than two speakers suddenly died, but the reason is mystery:confused: ?!?! (there was no clip! my poweramp=600w/4ohms, 810XL=800W/4ohms, volume at 12 o´clock)I changed them and rather sold the cab and saved cash on ampeg 810E. maybe hartke produce good stuff but I was unlucky with cab. (ampeg compliment --> last week the cab fall down from van. cab is little bit scratched but works ok ... uff);)