1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg 6x10 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DeeCup, Mar 16, 2009.

1. DeeCup

DeeCup

Mar 16, 2009
    Will the Ampeg B2Re be enough to push an ampeg 610 svt hlf cabinet?

thanks!

2. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Believe me, more than enough. You're talking 450 watts man.

I've run mine with everything from my SVT, to a HiWatt 100 watter, to a Silvertone 16 watter, and trust me, it'll excite the speakers.

Too bad I'm getting rid of mine (downsizing my rig...)

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i don't know. my 3 pro didn't sound that great with my 610hlf, but my 4 pro really makes it come alive.

4. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I like the HLF with tubes much more than anything else. The B2RE will do it, but it's not gonna be that loud due.

I didn't like it with the SVT3 4 or 5 pro, but I love it with the V4BH and the SVT-CL.

5. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    How loud do you possibly need it? I played a stadium with a 3pro into that cab, and didn't even dime it. The B2Re is essentially the same output wattage, conservative or boastfull, it's loud. If you need it louder than that, you're doing it wrong.

imo, of course. ymmv.

6. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    The B2RE does not sound as loud to me as a lot of other 450w amps. Just doesn't cut like say, a 700 RB II does, at that wattage.

That said, I would expect you to have comparable volume to a loud halfstack and have no problems overpowering an unmic'd drumset.

Probably loud enough, but with less headroom than you could have with another head. IMHO anyway.

7. I have one and it pushes an svt8x10 well so why not

8. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i agree with hover. i used my LMII (500watts) through my old 610hlf on huge ass stages and it was fine. you'll be good.

9. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    I run an SVT-3 Pro into a 4x10HLF and its plenty loud. Especially with a Sansamp BDDI in the signal chain. You shouldn't have any problem with the B2RE and the 6x10. Don't worry about "under-powering" your cab.

10. ZiggyDude

ZiggyDude

Jun 8, 2005
    I use a USA made 4-Pro into my USA 610 - and it seems to be a real good match. I have actually had the 4-Pro up to the point the output was starting to clip - that loud! The cabinet will take it if the power is clean. I really boost the 32 hz slider too.

I have heard the imported cabs don't handle the power as well. Someone locally blew speakers pretty fast with one.

11. You could prob. get just about as much volume out of a 410HLF as the 6x10. Cheaper and lighter, too.

12. You could prob. get just about as much volume out of a 410HLF as the 6x10. Cheaper and lighter, too.

13. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

I ran an V4BH, and a SVT Classic through my 6x10.

If your head is 450 watts your fine?

14. ZiggyDude

ZiggyDude

Jun 8, 2005
    410 sounds really different though. Deeper sounding as it does not have the isolated 2x10 speaker sections like the 6x10 and the 8x10. In other words - all 4 speakers on the 410 have access to the port. On the 610 the top two banks of 10s are isolated while the lower bank goes to the port.

I tried both the 410 HLF and 610 HLF before buying the 610. It sounded like a cross of the classic 8x10 and with a little extra deep end. Easier to move though. The guy that was listening with me liked the 410 as it sounded more traditional :) He was not into "The Growl". :)

Two different animals for different people.................