Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMpeg 810 replacement speakers bergie?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peasandpotatoes, Feb 7, 2006.

1. what would sound better? if i took the current speakers out of my ampeg 810 and put in bergantino nv610 speakers in it or if i just got a bergantino nv610?

2. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    I'm gonna guess that 8 speakers designed to be in a 6 speaker cabinet will cause mismatched impedance... no?

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Just get the Bergie. Lighter. Smaller. Tighter and more pronounced low end. Easier to move. Just as loud if not louder.

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
  5. vroc38

vroc38 Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2006
    Seattle
    +1. I don't miss my Ampeg 810.

6. I've owned both the ampeg 810e and the Bergantino NV610. As you can see in my profile I prefer the Bergantino. It's lighter and more compact. It also has a much tighter tone to it. I can't really compare volumes because my amps haven't remained the same for both cabinets. After I get my Peavey Classic 400, I'll know how loud this cabinet can go. It wouldn't make much sense to spend all that money to replace the speakers in the ampeg. If you don't like the cabinet, then you need to find something that you do like. I don't think you could go wrong with the NV610 though.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

it can only be blasphemy if it is untrue. :p

8. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses

the Bergantino is actually loaded with 24 ohm speakers to make a perfect 4 ohm total load. Eight of those would give you a 12 ohm cabinet