Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg 810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dirk, May 28, 2002.

1. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    well, there comes a time in a bass player's life when he must come to a decision about his current rig setup. While the Ampeg 810 is a great sounding cabinet, it is a bitch to load and unload and probably a bit of overkill in most situation. Now I love to bump those speakers just as much as the next guy, but couldn't it be done without that 175 lb monster. Due to many reasons, I'm thinking about selling my 810 to go to a smaller setup. I'm considering the 410HLF and the 210HE. This way I can the 210 for small stuff, the 410 for medium gigs and both for large gigs. This will work out with my amp since it's a stereo power amp, and this will be plenty enough power and volume for any gigs. So here's my question. It's an old 70's model cab with no covering, it's been painted black (not by me) and the original speaker cover has been replaced with a leopard print material (by me) but it has all the speakers and they all work, so how much should ask for it. consider too that I'll be shopping for a used 410 HLF so I would like to get at least that much.

Dirk

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    My guess is that you might get a couple hundred...

My advice would be to run it up the eBay flagpole and see who salutes : - )

If the right two people get in a bidding war, you never know where the auction will end up.

As for shipping... i've used Forward Air for big stuff. It's a terminal to terminal shipper (i.e. you drop it off at a Forward Air terminal and the buyer picks it up at a Forward Air terminal). Their rates are quite low and the service has been excellent for a bare-bones opperation. Each time, the fork lift operator has helped me drag the nearly 200 lb crate out of my car and the buyers have said that they've been helped getting the stuff into their vehicle at the other end.

Pilot Air is in the same business too, but I've never used them.

Good luck!!!