Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg 810E and SVT-4 PRO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by warpedmephisto, Dec 26, 2003.

1. warpedmephisto

warpedmephisto

Sep 20, 2003
    Hey guys, I've been surfing for a while on here, but I've never posted before. I've been reading a lot of the threads and I'm about due for a new bass rig. I'm looking at the Ampeg 810E and Ampeg SVT-4 PRO head. What I'm wanting to know is if anyone else has this setup and how/if they like it. If there is any known problems with it or what I should expect. Just some general information would really be appreciated. Thanks to anyone who replies! :)

2. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Ok, it seems a very good set up.I owned a 8*10 and svt3pro ampeg,wich sounded very well.
    Moreover, I know the svt4pro, and if you are searching for a Big ROCK sound, you can t go wrong with this set up.
    But if you want more flexibility, and think you will have to take another cab, because, ampeg s head color the sound and the cab too.
    If you want more flexibility, go for an ebs cab, or something like this.

But i Think you re right with this set up.8*10 ampeg is fabulous, but try the head with other cabs to sure of your choice.

3. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned Commercial User

Jan 8, 2002
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    I've used my SVT-4 Pro for over 6 years now with many different cabinets, some 4 ohm and some 8 ohm. The head ALWAYS sounds good. Over 700 gigs without any failures.

Try it, you'll like it !

4. warpedmephisto

warpedmephisto

Sep 20, 2003
    Good to hear, guys! I'll definitely get the SVT-4 PRO head. Now just onto the cab. I'm pretty well set on the Ampeg 810E. Anyone want to try and sell me on something else?