1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg 8X10 replacement speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by B3Bass, Jun 22, 2007.

1. B3Bass

B3Bass

Jun 22, 2007
    I've got an Ampeg 8X10 bass cabinet and I need to replace one of the speakers but have been having a hard time finding a 10" 32 ohm speaker. I've been told these are Eminence speakers and I definitely can't find that one that's 32 ohms online. Does anyone know where I can find these speakers without having to deal with Ampeg? (I've heard horror stories about this).

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Some have said eminence Alpha's or Beta's are kind of close in specs, Jensen makes, or used to make, a couple of 32ohm replacements, there was the regular version which wasn't a direct replacement but some sort of alleged replacement/upgrade and there's the MOD version which is the cheaper one, some have said it'd be ok to replace a single speaker with a MOD but they wouldn't load a cabinet with 8 of them. Lot's of Ampeg guys around here, somebody must know, or search something like "ampeg replacement speakers" or something.

3. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Weber ABA10 Alnico, it's in their Chicago Vintage Series.

4. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

5. ducatiman

ducatiman

Oct 3, 2006
    new yawk
    i saw this is in NY craiglist today:

4 10" ampeg speakers for bass cabinet - $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: sale-357538348@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-06-21, 11:45PM EDT

I replaced the 4 speakers in my Ampeg 4x10 bass cabinet so I could convert it to 4 ohms from 8 ohms. I have the 4 original speakers from the 410 cabinet available. They are all in great condition and they sounded amazing. Each is 32 ohms (wired in parallel they make 8 ohms)

Email me if interested

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

ps wiiliamsburg is in brooklyn, ny

6. Does anyone know where to find a 32ohm 8" speaker for my Henry the 8x8 other than the Fender replacements? Ideally I'd love another Celestion BG-60, but I can't find any ANYWHERE!! :crying: :ninja:

7. ducatiman

ducatiman

Oct 3, 2006
    new yawk
  8. Thank you for searching, but I think that auction was still for the their new replacement speaker. Ideally, I'm trying to track down the Celestion's (BG-60) that were in it the 8x8's before they turned crappy like the new ones.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021