Ampeg 8x10 speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by downstairs, Aug 15, 2003.

1. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    I'm getting an Ampeg 8x10 today (unless someone beats me to the music store...then I will kill them). But anyway, its going for rather cheap, about $450, except that one of the speakers in it are ripped, it looks like someone accidentally jabbed it, its torn very straight. Anyway, I know they are 32 Ohm speakers. For now I'm going to run with just 7/8, but how much would another speaker be with it?
  2. ERMAL

Jun 20, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    If the rip is clean and the speaker still works, you might try sealing the tear with some clear nail polish. This could get you by until you get another speaker. Ampeg 8-10's are the only way to go IMHO. Good luck.
  3. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    I bought the cabinet today, it sounds sooooo nice with my B2. I'm glad I bought it, my friend traded in his old drumset to help me get it, and I gave him my old peavey amp head, so it all worked out. I only paid $300 after all. So, I'm gonna try the tissue-paper/super glue trick so that not all the sounds get out.
  4. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    That rig is nice man...
  5. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Awwww man...this thing is so loud, I never have to have my amp past 5 now, and keeping the EQ flat, its so sweet...I get that nice sound I've always wanted. My next thing is gonna be an SVP-pro, and then some kind of power amp, and I'll be set, atleast until I become a girly man :bawl: .
  6. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    ha nice score dude, thats a great deal. congrats! i'd love to hear what an 8x10 would sound with my svt 3-pro....