1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg 8x10's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WhoDidTheElf, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Hey all,

So I had a question regarding Ampeg 8x10's. My GC only carries the 810E, but none of the other 8x10's that Ampeg offers. (or any of their 4x10's for that matter)

So my question is, what is the difference between the bunch if I were using an Ampeg SVT-3 Pro and a P or J bass.

Though any other comparisons are open.

Thanks!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The 810AV is the same thing as the 810E except with the blue/silver grillcloth. The Heritage 810E is an upgraded American version of the 810e with different speakers and black/silver grillcloth. I like the new 810E/AV cabs quite well but everyone I talk to about it says the Heritage cabs sound a good bit better, though I haven't tried them yet and can't speak firsthand.

3. Thanks for the heads up.

The only thing to me is I can find a used 810E for around 450 but a new 810 Heritage is around 1400~.

Just trying to see if the extra cash is worth it.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Most of them are if they're in decent to good shape. Not a fan of the ones made between 98 and 05, though. Made of OSB and they have dark speakers. Anything made before or after I like a lot, though.

5. Jonny Starlight

Jonny Starlight

Jun 11, 2011
    I used to run the Svt 3 Pro with the Ampeg HLF 4x10 cab and loved it. I also owned 8x10E, both sounded great, but for van space, and convince I preferred the 4x10. It was all I ever really needed.

6. Thanks for the responses guys, I have a chance to take a crack at an 810E made in 06 and I'm seriously thinking about it now.

I know the HLF 4x10's are a portted cab and are known for being super deep. How do they compare to the 810E? The 410HE is just the lower half of the 810E if I remember correctly though I'm not 100% sure. (How does that compare?)

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    The 410HE sounds quite a bit like an 810e to my ears, only smaller. The 410HLF sounds like no other cab I've ever heard. I'm much more an 810E type.

8. Alright thanks for the info! Really appreciate it all.

9. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Hey WhoDidTheElf,

I've got nothing against a fridge besides the weight and size, but If your able to swing the price of a Heritage, you should at least do a search for an NV610 here on T/B and seriously consider one of these cabs as another option...

10. My personal opinion? The Heritage 8X10....I play through one and wouldn't trade it for the world.