1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ampeg advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by perkinni, Mar 14, 2010.

1. perkinni

perkinni

Nov 27, 2007
    hey i am looking at buying a Ampeg SVT 410HLF Bass Cab and hooking it up to something like the Mark Bass Little Mark II Bass Head, to run my tbird through, i really wanted a second opinion, and some advice if you had better ideas, i'm not good with amps at all.

2. If you like the tone of the cab, get it. But you wont be able to run other cabs as well if you use that one, because its a 4 ohm cab. I was recently looking for a new 410, and was going to get the HLF but I did some tests and got the HE, because I found it to be less boomy and more punchy.

3. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    I bet it sounds like thunder coming down.

4. perkinni

perkinni

Nov 27, 2007
    cheers man big help

5. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    I own an SVT-410HLF, and have paired it with a LMII - and they worked quite well with one another...

- georgestrings

6. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I have both the 410hlf and the 410he, its true that the hlf is a little more boomie, its your call. You could run (2) he's (at 8 ohms each) . I like the design of the hlf, personal pref....:cool:

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i've done it before. i don't like the boominess of the hlf, but if you do, then it would be a killer combination.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020