1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg all-tube guitar amps at MF

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by paparoof, Nov 5, 2013.

1. paparoof

paparoof

Apr 27, 2011
    Minneapolis
    fEARful koolaid drinker
  2. Bitterdale

Bitterdale Natural Born Lurker

Dec 4, 2010
    Ocala, FL
    The heads were on sale yesterday only, back to regular price today. The combos remain on sale.

3. carbonfold

carbonfold

Oct 13, 2006
    Dallas, Texas
    I think the ext cab was only $99 as well. I was really interested in getting one of these but wasn't sure if the tone would be my thing. I don't know much about these.

4. Has anyone used these guitar amps through a bass cab for bass? I wonder how they compare to the V4.

5. paparoof

paparoof

Apr 27, 2011
    Minneapolis
    fEARful koolaid drinker
    Ask me again in about a week. edit: isn't the V4 100 watts though?

It's funny that only the heads went back up today. The 15w head-only is currently $500, but the 15w combo is $300. Whatever.

6. paparoof

paparoof

Apr 27, 2011
    Minneapolis
    fEARful koolaid drinker
    The heads are back down in price again (looks like it might be today only):
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/2013-cyber-monday-early-access?src=3TP3LBE

5w = $150
    5w/10" combo = $199
    15w = $250
    15w /12" combo = $299
    50w /12" combo = $350

BTW - the 50w combo arrived on Friday and I liked it alot with my Les paul, but I really LOVED it with the Tele.

And jcoutu1 - bass sounds real, real good through it and run into my 12/6 fEARful. 50 watts just ain't enough though.

7. carbonfold

carbonfold

Oct 13, 2006
    Dallas, Texas
    Any experience comparing it to a Classic 50?

8. paparoof

paparoof

Apr 27, 2011
    Minneapolis
    fEARful koolaid drinker
    Nope! But feel free to bring one over and we'll find out!

9. Paparoof, how would you describe the tone? Warm goodness???

10. My wallet requests that you don't describe the tone.

11. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie It's all fun&games 'til the winged monkeys show up Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Got my GVT52-112 last Friday.
    SERIOUS DEAL!
    Lotsa loud clean tone in channel 1. GREAT REVERB sound!
    Channel 2 will rock like a Hiwatt!
    Included pedal selects channel AND provides boost control when you are in either channel. NICE!
    'Love the Boxandall cut/boost tone stack. Great for a bass player who is used to it.
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

12. Are you using it with bass? Does it have that Ampeg tone? If using with bass, how does the speaker/cab hang? Have you used it with an external cab?

13. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie It's all fun&games 'til the winged monkeys show up Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh no. I'm playing guitar (Tele) thru it. The combo is not for bass.
    I suppose you could plug it into a bass cab if you wanted. Prolly would not play all that loud clean. I'm not sure.

14. Got a cab that you could take it for a spin with?

15. Have you run an acoustic through the Ampeg combo yet? Just curious how it sounds...not that I really need one right now, but at that price it seems like I should get it...haha.