Ampeg and Eden mixing?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dwjazz54, Oct 7, 2003.

1. dwjazz54

Jan 21, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ
    Has anyone here tried mixing Eden amps and Ampeg cabs (namely the WT800/Navigator pre and BXT-410) or Ampeg amps with Eden cabs (namely B4R/SVT4PRO and 410XLT/XST)? I was wondering because I love the warmth of Ampeg and the aggressive nature of Eden in a jazz/funk/dub setting.

Anyone tried this or care to contribute their thoughts?

Thanks in advance....
  2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Hmmmm. I thought the other way around, that Ampeg is agressive and Eden warm. Either way I dont see any problem mixing them together. :bassist: Sorry forgot to mention that Ive never mixed them. Try it out I bet you could make a killer rig.
  3. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I have and still do use an Ampeg SVT-2 PRO and an Eden 410XLT. Works for me. Provides boot loads of cut and theres nothing else out there with the sensitivity and sheer volume of the XLT!!
    Dont know how it would go with Jazz/Funk/Dub but its works for everything i have tried it for.
  4. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    I have never actually tried that exact combination, but have always wanted too (an SVT Classic with an Eden 410XLT that is), the best of both worlds, my favorite head with my favorite cabinet.

For what it's worth however, hands down my favourite setting on my Bass Pod (for bedroom practising without the volume issues) is a custom one I made which is just that, an overdriven Ampeg tone with the cabinet configuration switched up to an Eden 410. It sounds great, if that is any indication you'll have one killer rig on your hands.
  5. Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    I play mostly hard rock, but I agree with most of the replies. I use an Ampeg SVP-Pro with Carvin DCM 1500 into an Eden 410XLT and 410T, sounds killer. I like the nice phat warm low-mid tone of the Edens, with the agressive tubeness with a bit of bite from the Ampeg.
    I think I might get another SVP so I can get the tube distortion. I can get a good clean hi-fi tone out of my rig, when I turn down the gain on the Ampeg, and turn on the tweeters just a bit.
  6. I run an Eden WT800 into an Ampeg SVT410HLF, and more recently into a local copy (same drivers and construction) of an Ampeg 8x10.

Yeah, it sounds the bomb. The Ampeg cabs tame the Eden's direct tone a little, giving a really nice smooth sound.

I use mine for hard rock/noise, dubby experiments and the odd jazzy-ish mellow number (all in the same band) - works primo for all.

Haven't had the chance to try Eden cabs with anything (doesn't seem to be much if any presense of Eden here in NZ), so can't really compare there.