Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg/Avatar FS

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by BASSnSAX, Jun 13, 2004.

1. I have up for sale the following:

-Ampeg SVP-BSP Billy Sheehan signature Preamp -- $350
    -Ampeg 350W poweramp (to 4 ohms) -- $300
    -Ampeg PR-210T Pro Series 2x10 Cab - $350

The Avatar cab has been gigged very little...maybe 5 gigs at the most. The Ampeg PR-210T and the Avatar were coupled together with the Ampeg poweramp, so only 350 Watts driving the cabs, so there isn't any damage to the cabs from too much power. ;)

The Ampegs were all part of my gigging rig, but my old band rarely gigged. The Ampeg cab is a touring quality cabinet, with "PVC Armor" (according to Ampeg's website) and extra thick wood used for the cabinet itself. This cab is incredibly durable, and the sound is nothing short of spectacular. By far one of the best sounding 2x10 cabs out there. Has the capability to sound like the classic Ampeg cabs, to surpass Eden cabs and to get quite Hi-Fi sounding. Very smooth tweeter, and high power handling, at 600 Watts RMS, so roughly 860 Watts peak...if my math is correct...

The Ampeg SVP-BSP Billy Sheehan preamp is an excellent pre, and it nails the classic SVT tone, plus has an overdrive channel that works nicely to give you some extra bite. Can also work as a seperate EQ section from the clean channel, mind you you'd have to keep the gain knob down...

The Ampeg poweramp is just a poweramp, nothing too spectacular about it.

I'm looking to downsize my rig to just Avatar cabs, so that if the grill or something gets dented in, I won't feel quite as bad. I'm also just going to use my SWR Workingman 10 combo as a preamp, and add a QSC PLX1602 power amp to power the Avatar B210 and/or the 2 Avatar SB112's that I want to get. So if anyone has any of these items and looking for trade, PM me. Otherwise, no other trades please.

2. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hmmm...I may be interested in the Preamp...dobn't know to much about em though. Is this tube design? Sounds like? Also I don't have cash...just a Hartke 4000 amp for trade or sale.

3. If you get enough money, I may be flexible on the price...PM me with some details.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    On?????

5. Sorry, there is a sale pending on the Ampeg gear. The Avatar may or may not be up for grabs...I haven't decided yet. Unless, somebody wants to trade me for an Avatar SB112 (one of the new ones with a Speakon jack) plus a bit of cash.