For Sale Ampeg B-100R "Rocket Bass" 100-Watt 15" Bass Combo, Diamond Blue Vintage

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Warren Anderson, May 25, 2019.

1. Warren Anderson

Warren Anderson

Jan 22, 2016
    Price:
    1.JPG 2.JPG Made in the US from mid-'90s to early 2000's. "Vintage Ampeg sex appeal with modern functionality... combines the look, sound and tone of the original Portaflex [B-15N] with the outstanding reliability of contemporary, solid-state design."

Specs - ampeg.com/products/diamondbluebass/b100r/
    Manual - ampeg.com/support/files/Discontinued%20User%20Manuals/B-100R/B-100R%20Owner's%20Manual.pdf.

No scratches, no tears in the Tolex, no mars on grill and front logo, and protective film still on the amp chassis. A few streaks on the Tolex on one side which refract light differently but can't be photographed--no scuffs if seen straight on. One top rear metal corner guard has a dent as shown. All knobs, switches and lights work perfectly and it sounds fantastic as you would wish. It is completely silent with no fan, unlike the current Ampeg BA combo series. It makes a snap/thump after you switch it off; I believe this is normal for this solid state design but you should be aware of it.

Price is for local south Florida pickup; otherwise, message me and I'll find actual cost to pack and ship to you.
    3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG

2. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

... excellent little amp , full of true Ampeg tone ....
    good luck with your sale !!
    :cool:

Aladinsane1969 likes this.
  3. Beautiful combo!

Aladinsane1969 likes this.
  4. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    [​IMG]

5. Warren Anderson

Warren Anderson

Jan 22, 2016
    I'm driving up I-95 from south Florida to NJ in a few days, if anyone along the route is interested in this amp I can deliver.

6. I had one of these and absolutely loved it. The only reason I sold it is because I found myself needing something bigger; if there was a way to hook up an extension cab, I'd still have it. GLWTS!

7. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Gold Supporting Member

Super little combo, miss mine :crying: GLWTS!!!

8. Lance Bunyon

Lance Bunyon

Jul 17, 2018
    Sounds great and cuts through like an amp of three times the wattage.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021