1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg B-15N Head Dimensions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Turbocharbo, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Turbocharbo

Turbocharbo

Feb 16, 2005
    Can someone provide me with dimensions for a 60s (blue tolex) Ampeg B-15N head including the tray? I want to get a carrying case built and need height and width. I don't have the head on hand which is why I'm asking.

Thanks!

2. Vintage-Blue

Vintage-Blue Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    Owner, Vintage Blue (repro cabinets)
    The tray should be 7-3/4"D x 16-7/8"W. The height from the bottom of the tray to the top of the thumb nuts on the tube cage is ~8". Most B15Ns had transformers that are shorter than the tube cage but there were some that used taller cans (I used to have one). In that case I'm not sure what the height would be. The switches stick out about 1/8" past the front of the tray. You'll probably need to allow for the cords and the fuse holder protruding from the rear of the amp as well.

3. Turbocharbo

Turbocharbo

Feb 16, 2005
    Thanks Mark! Are you aware of any manufacturers that make cases for this head specifically?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I don't know if Mark does, but if he does, I highly recommend him, and if he doesn't, www.fliptops.net .