Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg B-2R Rack Head v.s. Behringer BX4500H Ultrabass Bass Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sabbath1977, Aug 11, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't decide. :scowl:

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Two completly different beasts? I don't see whatcha want from this thread? I've only ever used the BR2, so I can't comment on the Behringer (though I'm sure you'll get replies from people who have never used it telling you it's junk or something...). The BR2 though was a solid head, had Ampeg-ish tone to it (duh) and pretty good volume. It seemed pretty versatile, but definitly had it's limits.
    What do you want to use the head for? Style, who are you playing with, etc. etc.

-Ray

3. I need a good head at least 300watts to play jazz and rock, in several pubs and bars. I also want a nice 4 x 10" cabinet for this head. So what do you suggest?

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'd by-pass both personally, for a jazz gig. I'd think though, if you could afford the Ampeg BR2, that the Ashdown amps would be in your range... and IMO they'd work pretty well. Then you could also go pre/power setup. What's your price range; that'll help let us know what we're working with.

-Ray

5. I've got the Behringer BX3000. It's got a lot of headroom for sound output, and I'm running it through a Fender 410 Pro cabinet. Seems to be a pretty good combination. I can finally feel the floor vibrate beneath my feet when I want it to.

Haven't had the pleasure to try the BR2, but I'd love to give it a run for the money! Best bet is to play your axe through both and make your own judgement! We can tell you all the storys we have to tell, but it all boils down to what sound YOU like. Good luck!

6. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    i like ray am biased, i have not tried the BR2, yet i do have the bx300t, and i believe it is a great head...good head room nice tone...a good package.

as for a 4x10, behringer makes that also...good sounding through the bx300t...all in all if you go with the all behringer set up, itll be a quality, cheap rig...

-another behringer embracemet by dan, the only person who supports behringers stuff all the way... :smug: