1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg B-2RE vs. Peavey Tour 450

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Murph_Orpheus, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Looking at either of these for a cheap back up rig, I've read about the Ampeg's wattage rating not being anywhere near what's stated, can anyone confirm that? Would the Tour 450 give me more volume? I do like the Ampeg tone but the only thing that might put me off it is the volume factor.

2. I've played both, but not side by side so I can't tell you whether the Ampeg is louder or what. Both are nice amps, but I prefer the Tour450. I can get the sound I want more easily on it.

3. nsmar4211

nsmar4211

Nov 11, 2007
    Put it this way, my B2R running a 4x10 ampeg cabinet full out gets clobbered by my 1x15 Fender Bassman 100 combo amp. I thought it was just me......but it's not.... not sure how much diff. there is between the B2re and the B2r......can't be that much though! Ampeg is now the backup rig.....and if I thought I could sell it for what it's worth I would.

4. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    This is one time I'd take Peavey over Ampeg - no contest on this one...

- georgestrings

5. Agreed.

I have a tour 700 as a main head, and love this thing. You can't go wrong with it.