Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg b series owners step inside

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matt R Miller, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    i just got the b2r today and i'm not quite sure about a certain part of the back panel. there is a black circular piece of plastic that is partially covering what appears to be a little white lightning bolt. it looks like it can be removed, but is very stubborn. what is it?

2. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    I had a b2 and wondered the same thing, in the manual it tells you that it's a speakon connection, but when i pulled the head out of the combo chasis (i had the b2 combo) there was nothing there, just a plastic piece going into the back of the amp. absolutely pointless.

3. On the euro B2R heads there is a Speakon connector in that spot due to the regulations against 1/4 inch connectors for high power amplifiers.

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    onewaypunk is correct. The same thing is true with my B4r. I emailed Ampeg about this when I got my amp. The round piece of plastic is just a cap where the speakon connector should be. Leave it there. US models don't have the speakon connectors even though your manual shows it being there. Speakons are only included on the models meant for export. There may be some fine print in the manual stating this. I don't remember. I believe SVT models do include the speakon connectors on US model but not the B series.

5. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    thanks for clearing things up