Ampeg B100 (Not B-100R)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Minger, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I saw this at a local shop today...and wow was I suprised. It looks vintage (er, olllld) but its loud like crazy...too bad the mesh was all dirty and well, turning blue in some spots...hafta figure out where to get a new one.

But That Thins is loud, and even though it looked trashy, for $150 i'm picking it up tomorow...:D
  2. notanaggie

notanaggie Guest

Sep 30, 2003
    If by "mesh" you mean the grille cloth, older ARE blue in spots. There are some blue strips through the material.

If you fix it it won't be original....
  3. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    Buy the Ampeg and be proud. Owning one, new or ancient is much like having a huge schlong. Show it off and show it off often. Enjoy.......... :D
  4. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    oh, they're supposed to be blue in some parts of the grille? It still looks like crap, and the emblem is like half there, lol.

And one input jack is missing...but the other one works fine.

I'm pickin it up later, the loudness makes up for it, I just really hope that it holds up, even though I won't have it that loud...age may have done something, lol.
  5. I love mine also but even though mine's modded it puts out just 24 watts.
  6. semblum

Oct 9, 2005
    I just had my uncle pick up the same amp but dirtier and fully functional, allthough missing a knob. Anyone know how much power this is gonna supply me with? What's the usual ages on these? Mine apparently says Ampeg a division of the Selmer Company. That's gotta be older than me. I'm turning 22 on the 20th and I finally get a big schlong to show off. :D
  7. semblum

Oct 9, 2005
    Wow this thread is a year old. Didn't notice that before. Better make a new one as I doubt this will have any questions answered.
  8. You'll prolly get around 20 watts before distortion creeps in.

The B100 is about 25-30 years old.
  9. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Hey, I have one of these that I bought (used) about 25 years ago! It's in excellent condition. I bought it to use as a practice amp. I probably haven't used it in 20 years! I was just wondering about it and decided to do a search.
  10. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    I think the more appropriate information for this thread is if you have a big schlong worth being proud of.
  11. that! :eyebrow:
  12. SoulMaim

Dec 1, 2005
    I just picked up one of those yesterday, found it in a local shop that was closing down. I know the owner so he gave it to me for $50. Its a pretty nice little amp, a lot better than a modern "practice amp" and can get pretty loud and beefy sounding for a little thing.