Ampeg B100R at Guitar Center.... a tale

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowfreqguy, Jun 21, 2003.

1. lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    I have been looking for an Ampeg B100R for the last couple of months, but haven't been able to find one locally. I had seen them brand new on the 'net for around $400, and was prepared to go that route if necessary. While trolling thtough GC the other day, I saw a used one marked at $300, which is a pretty good used price. I played the amp, and it checked out fine. It does have a few cosmetic issues and the internal cardboard ports had come off of the flanges. I mentioned this to the sales guy and he said he would check to see what he could do on the price due to these issues. He checked some info on the computer and came back with a price of $225. Of course, that amp came home with me that day. It took three whole minutes to unscrew the port flanges and reconnect the tubes. Talk about the right place at the right time.
  2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    That's a great amp, and a great price too... But the B100-R doesn't have any tubes. :confused:
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The rear ports have cardboard tubes:D

Nice snag. Great amp.
  4. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    The ports? Ooooh! ;) Cool.
  5. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Congrats ! The B-100R is an amazing amp. I love mine.

All the best,
  6. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I've heard that these pump a very loud 100 watts... I've played one briefly once in church and it had that tone, but I never got it to any kind of volume... Would this be a viable backup/gig amp for playing with my country band in small/medium venues? Not trying to thread-nap or anything, just curious. Excellent score, by the way!