Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg B100R Casters?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by superfly, Nov 9, 2004.

1. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Is the B100R supposed to come with casters?
    I see the mounts for them on the bottom, but it did'nt come with the actual casters. Was it supposed to?

2. good choice on amps. i hope we were right on the sound. On wheels, I heard that they originally designed it with them but people complained they were unnecessary and preferred to carry the amp. I don't know if that's true but I never see one with casters.

3. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    They are an accessory option. They used to cost $20.

4. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I went to the local hardware shop and got mine. THey slipped right in.

5. You don't want ampeg casters? Seriously, do you leave them on when you are playing? If so, do you get and increase or decrease in bass output. Some people say you should decouple amps to the floord and others say it should be on the floor, for a +3db increase.

How much are they at the hardware stores? (need 4).

Is it socially unacceptable or un-macho to use casters?

6. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    The concept of "un-macho casters" is interesting, but as far as I remember, not only women use Ampeg 8x10 cabs. Whoever carried this kind of cab with the casters off should be nominee for a trophy... :p

7. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I ordered the casters for mine from Ampeg directly. I think it came to around $26 with shipping. You can 1) pop 'em out for more bottom, 2) take out the back two to angle the amp a bit more at you, or 3) be a lazy guy (me) and just leave 'em in.

Lync

8. Well the 810s I have seen have little wheels built in to the corners on one side. Just tilt back and roll. Just don't let anyone see you or they will think you are wimpy.

Such a wimpy feature for such a macho cab.

9. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I just left 'em in too. Way easier that way. ;)