I have been gigging with an Ampeg B100R for the last year and a half, and I love it. I set it on a stand onstage, run a cord from the line out to the PA, and I'm ready to rock and roll. One thing has really bugged me about it: a non-detachable power cord. What I've been doing is fold it up and wrap a Velcro strap around it, then run the strap around the handle -- inelegant, and awkward when you want to grab it by the handle. I first thought I wanted to install an IEC socket in the back of the amp. My second idea was to simply attach some posts -- there is a long rectangular space in the back of the amp, which looks like it was designed for this purpose) -- for wrapping the cord around. But I came up with a simpler solution that doesn't involve cutting on the amp. Before electric drills got to where they were all battery powered, they sported "pigtails:" short AC cords that were designed to plug into an extension, making storage in fitted cases easier. I decided to apply the principal to the amplifier. At the local hardware store I bought an in-line 3-conductor replacement plug, and the corresponding socket (the cashier asked me if they were both the same -- they were in boxes -- and I said, "no, it's a male and a female. I need a breeding pair"). I cut the AC cord to a length where it and the plug I was adding would fit inside the indentation below the removable panel on the back of the amplifier. Be VERY CAREFUL to observe correct polarity. The convention is black wire to brass screw (inside the new plug/socket), white wire to silver screw, and green wire to green screw. Depending on the age and originality of your amp, these colors may be meaningless, and care must be taken to avoid frying its innards. I pulled the back panel off the Ampeg before I started cutting on the cord, and was gratified to see a green wire coming out of the cord that was screwed into the chassis, obviously the ground; and the other two were black and white, which reassured me (I once rewired a house built in the '30s, with the old peg and knob wiring: over the years, Romax had been patched into it, and you'd find a stretch of black and white wire that then had another piece spliced into it with reverse polarity. It's a wonder the old place had survived all those years). And don't just match up the color coding of the male and female parts, with the idea that it doesn't matter as long as both are the same: sooner or later, somebody [probably you, dummy] will grab another cord to plug the pigtail into and, bye-bye electronics. Then I attached the female socket to the end of the cut-off cord, making it, in effect, an 8' extension to the pigtail on the amp. The final touch was to stick a length of adhesive-backed Velcro --the side with the hooks -- to the back side of the indentation. I pull them apart when I load up, wrap the Velcro strap around both the detached cord and the pigtail (remembering to wrap it with the hooks on the inside) and slap the bundled cord against the Velcro on the amp, which holds it in place until the next gig. Naturally, variations will work on a wide range of amplifiers, and somebody may come up with a better solution. I went with readily available components, low cost, and ease of installation.