Ampeg B100Rocket (2 of them)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Aug 22, 2004.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Just out of curiosity.

Is there anybody out there using 2 of these Ampeg combo amps together?

I mean live. with a split box.

Since i love how these sound and since these are quite cheap, i could be interested in assembling a 2 amps rig. And i love the feeling of playing with 2 amps together.

At the moment i have only played with one of them and i have never tried 2 of them together.

2. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I do...I thought it would be the ultimate rig. I first tried splitting them from one of the pre outs. It was too hot of a signal (even with the active switch engaged).

I have been splitting them lately with my SABDDI (one gets the processed signal which I have set to not process much at all).

The rig looks great on stage, but it isn't the be all end all.

Lync

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i intend to use a A/B split box.

4. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    Keep in mind that the B100r's aren't really the cheapest rig when putting two together. You can get a decent 2X10 (or 1X15) and an Ampeg B2r for the same price. My B2R and Eden 2X10XLT sounds deeper than the dual B100R rig.

Lync

5. Lync says it well. I use two live sometimes, and its great, but it isnt exactly double the goodness. I do enjoy its scaleability; being able to use just one for small shows. And it obviously looks killer. Try it out; there's a lot of people who talk about trying this, and I would recommend it. But its not the perfect solution to "I love the B100R, but wish it were louder/more power"

I, too, use the SABDDI, although an A/B-Y would be fine. I think I could do it with my Boss TU2, as well.

Overall: two thumbs up. I picked both up cheaply, so it wasnt a huge dent in my wallet.

Biggest drawback: even with casters, 2 of these things get tiring to haul around after a while.