Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg B100Rocket (2 of them)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Aug 22, 2004.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Just out of curiosity.

Is there anybody out there using 2 of these Ampeg combo amps together?

I mean live. with a split box.

Since i love how these sound and since these are quite cheap, i could be interested in assembling a 2 amps rig. And i love the feeling of playing with 2 amps together.

At the moment i have only played with one of them and i have never tried 2 of them together.

2. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I do...I thought it would be the ultimate rig. I first tried splitting them from one of the pre outs. It was too hot of a signal (even with the active switch engaged).

I have been splitting them lately with my SABDDI (one gets the processed signal which I have set to not process much at all).

The rig looks great on stage, but it isn't the be all end all.

Lync

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i intend to use a A/B split box.

4. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    Keep in mind that the B100r's aren't really the cheapest rig when putting two together. You can get a decent 2X10 (or 1X15) and an Ampeg B2r for the same price. My B2R and Eden 2X10XLT sounds deeper than the dual B100R rig.

Lync

5. Lync says it well. I use two live sometimes, and its great, but it isnt exactly double the goodness. I do enjoy its scaleability; being able to use just one for small shows. And it obviously looks killer. Try it out; there's a lot of people who talk about trying this, and I would recommend it. But its not the perfect solution to "I love the B100R, but wish it were louder/more power"

I, too, use the SABDDI, although an A/B-Y would be fine. I think I could do it with my Boss TU2, as well.

Overall: two thumbs up. I picked both up cheaply, so it wasnt a huge dent in my wallet.

Biggest drawback: even with casters, 2 of these things get tiring to haul around after a while.