1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg B15R - Where Have You Been All My Life

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by testing1two, Apr 10, 2009.

1. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    I just picked up a B15R today and besides being underpowered and too heavy to gig with, it could quite possibly be the perfect bass tone.

This is love.

2. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    A pic:

B15-1.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, I like those alot.For a modern rendition of a classic amp, Ampeg really came through with both the B15R and V4BH. I like to think of them as "modern vintage".

4. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I've had my B-15R for almost 8 years now and its a "keeper". I picked up a B-15E extension cabinet for it and that helped with the volume. It works great in a Blues Club and looks GREAT! I suspect that these amps will increase nicely with time.

5. ready2rumble

ready2rumble

Feb 24, 2009
    houston,tx
    :eyebrow::confused::rolleyes::atoz::bawl::spit::D:D:eek::cool::help::crying::scowl::scowl::bawl::bawl::bassist::bassist::ninja::ninja::cool::cool::p:p:eek::eek::):):meh::(:rollno::scowl::D :mad::(:rollno::scowl::D:bassist::bag::rolleyes:help::hyper::cool::p:atoz::crying::ninja::ninja::ninja::help: :crying::smug::eek::eyebrow::):meh::oops::(:spit:

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Underpowered and too heavy to gig with??? Curb your tongue, knave! (bonus points to anyone who can figure out the origin of that phrase without Googling) I regularly play out doing medium volume gigs (high side of medium lately) with a 25w B-15N, sometimes without a PA. I think your R would be fine for most gigs that don't require insanity.