1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ampeg B15S good shape $400

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Balog, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    Clean, good working order Ampeg B15S head. Took it in trade and while I love the tubey-ness I need money more than a cool head sitting in my living room. Power cord switched to three prong. Slight cosmetic wear, on/off switch is a dud (I just plug and unplug it), and the screws holding the iron to the head case are loose and wobbley from a poor packing job when it was shipped to me. Prefer to keep it local, but if you want it shipped I'm happy to do so for actual cost of shipping/insurance/professional packing.

rbbyftc.

dFik1iB.

2. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    Bump.

3. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    Bump

4. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    Back up! Own a classic amp on the cheap.

5. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Cool head!
    This is a non fliptop B15 head version? Never knew these existed!
    Do you know if the preamp uses the same octal tubes as the fliptop B15s?
    Free bump for cool head!

6. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    I took it in trade on a whim, I have no idea about anything lol. ;)

7. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    It's a flip top head inside a head case. If you were closer I would snag it.

8. 60 watts too I think. Too bad it's across the country.

9. jtg

jtg Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    I have one of these and love it (thanks bassfreakah). Highly apropos of the companion sale thread, I used my b15s last weekend at a midsized hall with my bag end s15 mini stack and it was gorgeous bass goodness. The head wasn't pushed at all and filled the room well with minimal house support. Not metal, sure, but a 10 to 12 piece pop/cajun outfit with drum kit and percussion. The tube complement is two 12ax7s, a 12dw7, a 12au7, and two 7027s. Gorgeous tone. Not exactly a 60s b15 sound but related. Meaty.

10. lofreq64

lofreq64 Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Sussex County NJ
    Sent you a pm.

11. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    PM's replied bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.