1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg B2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davis Goertzen, Aug 22, 2004.

1. I'm considering getting a 200-watt model of the Ampeg B2. I like a sound that is warm and fat, and can for thumpy to punchy. I'd also like well-articulated sound together with warmth. I'm just asking, would this amp do this kind of stuff for me? Thanks.

Davis Goertzen

2. FWIW:

In a real world gig situation: my band has 2 bass players (myself, and then our lead singer plays bass when my keyboard playing is needed). He has a B2R running through an Ampeg 410 and 115, it sounds pretty damn good. It's eq is dialed in for his bass (a Carvin 5 which he plays with a pick, having a very Rickenbackerish tone) but my Pedulla Thunder sounds pretty good too.

The B2R would not be my personal first choice for a head, but I'd use one without complaint. :)

3. For comparison, what rig do you have now?

Reading your tonal description, providing there is good tone in your technique and good tone in your cabinet.... I'd venture a guess that the B2R will serve you well.

:)

4. The entire deal is off. Thanks for the input.

Davis Goertzen