Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMPEG B2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 8, 2002.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Does any one have a B2 i think this is what i want to get. How do the compare to a SWR combo any help would be great. How much do the b2 go for.:)

2. jmanyea

jmanyea

Mar 20, 2002
    St. Louis
    I found the B2 head to be somewhat underpowered, it seems to run out of clean headroom at higher volume. I would take the B2 combo over a Workingman's 15 though.

3. i own one. i like it. i use it mainly for practice and small gigs. the hot setup is to grab yourself a 2x10 to use along with the b2 and your rockin. the amp itself is pretty good, good tone, loud, and pretty clean. does not have the warm of either of my Svt's but it is all solid state so that is really not expected. had one issue with it and the cooling fan. the variable speed fan quit working and the amp would shut down (thermal limiting protection...nice idea!). after $40 and a quick mod from my repair guy it's running better than ever again. we set it up so the fan runs at 1/2 speed all the time until the amp gets really warm then she kicks into full throttle. have never had any issues since.