Ampeg B25

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Benton, Jul 18, 2002.

1. I just picked up an old Ampeg B25. It had gathered dust at my drummers house apparently it haddn't been used since the jam the day Jerry died. He said it worked but was missing cap for the tube holde. I replaced is and check the amp over and tweeked a few things. I crossed my fingers and fired it up. It works and is relativly hum and hiss free. I couldn't turn it up but I'll try today. The amp has been messed with. Black paint everywhere speakers output rewired, a pot that was replace doesn't work. I'll clean it remove the paint replace bad pot and switches. I would like new tubes but not shure where to get 7027 and new caps would probably be worth it.
    Any thoughts on it let me know
  2. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Great little head, Nice score!
    I'm selling mine due to lack of use.
  3. that would be a good recording rig, and maybe for small gigs.

You need to hear from PsychoBassGuy regarding what you need to have done to the amp.

Hello, PBG?
  4. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    How much do you want for yours Funkster? Been looking for a tube head for a while.
  5. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hmmmm! I think I'm gonna take mine to a tech, Half the reason I'm selling it is because it starts breaking up at half volume and it's not very loud.
    I might have to look into mine before I hastly sell it.
  6. Its up and running. I was just jamming on it it shure sounds nice. I still havn't had a chance to crank it. I hope it as good when I crank it. Thanks for the info phsyco on the tubes. It sounds good so I'll leave them alone. I cleaned every thing and discovered a couple of ugly mods. The speakers were re wired to use the 8 ohm tap prallel istead of the 16. I repaired the solder but decided to keep the arangement because I have no 16 ohm speaker or want to rewire one. Some buthead decided to paint the whole thing black and lost the knobs so it is ugly. At least it sounds good I think I'll bring it back to the drummers to use for practice.