1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg b25b help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by saaronanderson, Jul 11, 2014.

1. saaronanderson

saaronanderson

Mar 6, 2012
    Savannah
    Before I ask this question I want to say that I spent some time in the forum looking for an answer and was unsure of whether or not i understand correctly.

I read about using a dummy plug on these due to the 16 ohm output and how the dummy cuts the outputs to 8 ohms. However, the model I just got today (pictured) is a 60's model and doesn't have "16 ohm output" written next to each output. Rather, as you can see, it has an attached speaker out cable and no markings as to the output ohm levels.

SO, do I dummy plug the remaining speaker out in order to get to 8? I swear I read where the attached speaker outs, like mine, are already set at 8.

Forgive me if I should be able to figure this out. I am excited to use this but don't want to fry it... Or anything else! ImageUploadedByTalkBass1405115604.720003.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  2. Ben B

Ben B

Jul 13, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Yes.

3. saaronanderson

saaronanderson

Mar 6, 2012
    Savannah
    Thanks!!!