Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg B25B stack...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fat jonny, Nov 26, 2001.

1. fat jonny

fat jonny

Jul 8, 2000
    Columbus Ohio
    I found an old ampeg B25B head and matching 2x15 cab in excellent condition at a local music store for $400. Is this a good deal? It sounded pretty damn good when i tried it. Anyone know if it would have enough juice to hold its own with a drummer and guitarist? Any info on this head would be great. Thanks!

2. I love mine. Just don't expect a modern sound(modern=crappy to me).:D

Lo-fi is the best description. Old sound, and it'll hang with drums and 20 Watt guitar amp no problem (which is the optimum setup anyway-save your ears). Anything more than that, and you'll need PA to back you up. 55 Watts through 2-15's is plenty in my book. Heavy as lead, though, so I hope you're strong. Treat it kindly (don't throw it around) and it'll outlive us both. I work on my own gear, so I don't have that cost associated with it. If you are at all technically inclined, you can always fix it yourself. Real simple circuitry. Don't open it up unless you know what you are doing, though. It'll kill you.

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

I'd pay $400 for an excellent condition one. More amp than you'd ever get for $400 if you bought a new one. Don't ever part with it, even if you don't appreciate it now, you will later. It has THE sound you want, even if you don't know it now. :D

Chris