Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg B2R ***$280.00- shipped***

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Wireking1, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Subject says it all. Good head at a great price. This one is about 2 years old. No issues at all. I can ship it out from my work via UPS quickly after payment. Palpal is preferred. Here is the Ampeg propaganda:

RMS Power Output (4 ohms): 350 Watts
    RMS Power Output (8 ohms): 200 Watts

Dimensions: 19 x 3.5 x 15
    Weight: 15 Pounds
    Balanced Line Out: Yes
    Effects Loop: Yes
    Graphic EQ: 9 Band
    Mid Tone Control: Ultra Mid
    Power Amp (Tube or MOSFET): MF
    Preamp (Tube or Solid State): SS
    Tone Controls: 3 band
    Ultra Low/High Boosts: No

Straight-ahead power and tone that let you rock like a world class act - even before the royalty checks roll in. When you're ready to BE a player, crank out the powerful textured sound that gets you there.

The two-rack space B-2R uses a 350-watt Mos-Fet amp. Introduced in 1999, this powerhouse head gives you everything you need for today's music.

2. Anybody interested? I would rather not have to ship this off the the bay.

3. sofnlo

sofnlo

Dec 29, 2004
    lex,ky
    What size and how many subs were you running with it.

4. I have been running 2 Ampeg cabs (2x10 and 1x15) both are rated with rms of 200 watts at 8 ohms. Together they run at 4 ohms maximizing the 350 watts of the B2R.

At times I have just run one of the cabs by itself. I have also been satisfied with the power of this head running 1 cab at 8 ohms.

I like the switchable 9 band EQ and defeatable limiter. The eq helps to shape my tone nicely and the limiter helps to save my speakers when I did really push the amp. This head has served me well.

PM me if you want any info or pictures of this head.

5. I went ahead and sent this thing off to ebay. If you still want it let me know and we can work something out.

6. Just to add some propaganda, I just got a '99 b2r, and I love it. It's very felxible and powerful.