1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg B2R ***$280.00- shipped***

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Wireking1, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Subject says it all. Good head at a great price. This one is about 2 years old. No issues at all. I can ship it out from my work via UPS quickly after payment. Palpal is preferred. Here is the Ampeg propaganda:

RMS Power Output (4 ohms): 350 Watts
    RMS Power Output (8 ohms): 200 Watts

Dimensions: 19 x 3.5 x 15
    Weight: 15 Pounds
    Balanced Line Out: Yes
    Effects Loop: Yes
    Graphic EQ: 9 Band
    Mid Tone Control: Ultra Mid
    Power Amp (Tube or MOSFET): MF
    Preamp (Tube or Solid State): SS
    Tone Controls: 3 band
    Ultra Low/High Boosts: No

Straight-ahead power and tone that let you rock like a world class act - even before the royalty checks roll in. When you're ready to BE a player, crank out the powerful textured sound that gets you there.

The two-rack space B-2R uses a 350-watt Mos-Fet amp. Introduced in 1999, this powerhouse head gives you everything you need for today's music.

2. Anybody interested? I would rather not have to ship this off the the bay.

3. sofnlo

sofnlo

Dec 29, 2004
    lex,ky
    What size and how many subs were you running with it.

4. I have been running 2 Ampeg cabs (2x10 and 1x15) both are rated with rms of 200 watts at 8 ohms. Together they run at 4 ohms maximizing the 350 watts of the B2R.

At times I have just run one of the cabs by itself. I have also been satisfied with the power of this head running 1 cab at 8 ohms.

I like the switchable 9 band EQ and defeatable limiter. The eq helps to shape my tone nicely and the limiter helps to save my speakers when I did really push the amp. This head has served me well.

PM me if you want any info or pictures of this head.

5. I went ahead and sent this thing off to ebay. If you still want it let me know and we can work something out.

6. Just to add some propaganda, I just got a '99 b2r, and I love it. It's very felxible and powerful.