Ampeg B2R anyone use one, good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by twilightcall, Jun 6, 2004.

1. twilightcall

May 27, 2004
    I have been looking for a Ampeg B2R. I was wondering if anyone uses one here. If so how do you like it? Thanks.
  2. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Not a bad amp. Has a 9-band graphic EQ and some decent tone adjustment. Also being able to run two cabinets parallel helps. -Luke
  3. lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    had one for like 5 years. Pretty descent and very reliable amp. But i found myself adjusting the EQ and tone knobs all the time to get a tone that i liked. But I was never able to achieve it. I traded it in for a Mesa Boogie Walkabout. Brought that to practice and right away my bandmates eyes lit up and mouths dropped. Huge difference in tone. Notes rang out clearer and more defined. I dont think ill ever go back to Ampeg. I even sold my Ampeg 6x10 although that was a a sweet cab it was way heavy and my bandmates were reluctant to help me move it.
  4. I had one and I can say it was a pretty good amp. I can't call it great. I did like the tone but it lacks clarity IMO and I had to run two cabs at @ 4ohm load to keep up with the loud metal band I was in.

I am really on the fence on this one. I did like it but I like my pre-power setup better.
  5. Nick Wagner

Nick Wagner

Feb 24, 2003
    WA, USA
    I have one now. Its great for its size. Like MuzikMan I need 2 cabs for a 4ohm load to keep up with my metal band, but in my other, less heavy band it easily keeps up. Good controls/features.