Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg B2R anyone use one, good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by twilightcall, Jun 6, 2004.

1. twilightcall

twilightcall

May 27, 2004
    I have been looking for a Ampeg B2R. I was wondering if anyone uses one here. If so how do you like it? Thanks.

2. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Not a bad amp. Has a 9-band graphic EQ and some decent tone adjustment. Also being able to run two cabinets parallel helps. -Luke

3. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    had one for like 5 years. Pretty descent and very reliable amp. But i found myself adjusting the EQ and tone knobs all the time to get a tone that i liked. But I was never able to achieve it. I traded it in for a Mesa Boogie Walkabout. Brought that to practice and right away my bandmates eyes lit up and mouths dropped. Huge difference in tone. Notes rang out clearer and more defined. I dont think ill ever go back to Ampeg. I even sold my Ampeg 6x10 although that was a a sweet cab it was way heavy and my bandmates were reluctant to help me move it.

4. I had one and I can say it was a pretty good amp. I can't call it great. I did like the tone but it lacks clarity IMO and I had to run two cabs at @ 4ohm load to keep up with the loud metal band I was in.

I am really on the fence on this one. I did like it but I like my pre-power setup better.

5. Nick Wagner

Nick Wagner

Feb 24, 2003
    WA, USA
    I have one now. Its great for its size. Like MuzikMan I need 2 cabs for a 4ohm load to keep up with my metal band, but in my other, less heavy band it easily keeps up. Good controls/features.