Ampeg B2R half-stack???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metalbass101, Jun 11, 2004.

1. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Does anyone have any opinions or thought on this combo?Its not a "combo" combo but it has a Ampeg B2R head and Ampeg BSE410-HLF cab.I was going to save my money and get a little 210 combo but then again,I think its time to progress to cabs,and Ampeg has never sounded bad to me.
  2. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I think that set up would sound great, but if you are looking for something a little more portable, you might consider getting the B2r head along with an Ampeg 15 cab then add an Ampeg 210 cab. Great sounding combination plus you could just take one of the smaller cabs when you didn't need the whole set up. That 410hlf is going to weigh about 110 pounds. The 210 and 15 cabs weigh about 70 pounds each.
  3. jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    I use that exact same set up and it sounds great. Ampeg gets a cool classic tone if thats what your into. Personally i think SWR's sound more contemporary.
  4. Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004

Ampeg tubes amps sound great, but I'm a little suspicious toward their solid states. If this amp is the next step in "progress" it seems ok, but I'm pretty sure you will be looking for something else down the road.

5. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I agree Ampeg tube amps do sound great, IF that's the sound you want. I personally have used Ampeg SS amps for over 20 years because that's the sound I want. My last amp purchase about 3 years ago, I decide I should give tubes a try and bought an SVT 3 pro (5 tube pre amp ss power amp). Two weeks later I returned it and purchased a B4r (all solid state) and have been happy with it ever since. Nice loud punchy, growly,Rumbley tone, and I can hear the "attack" of every note I play instead of waiting for the note to bloom.
  6. if you're looking for a loud amp, do not get a b2r. they sound more like 200 watts rather than 350, even at 4ohms.
  7. Yeah I also heard that its the quietest 400 watts you'll ever hear. :(