Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg B3158 combo, 10 months old

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by TJBass, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Listed for $1087.00 when new, bought new about 10 months ago for $899.00. Need a larger amp now. Almost perfect condition, small scratch in tolex covering on bottom right side. 150 watts Bi-amped combo with 100 watts to a 15 and 50 watts to an 8. 3 band parametric eq or footswitch to the 9 band graphic eq. has gain, drive, master, and blend controls, effects in/out, balanced xlr out, pre/post indicators. Asking $675.00, great tone, great combo amp for the price. Steps over most 150 watt amps.

2. Hmm, I'm looking at buying an Ampeg in this range. Do you have a picture of this amp?

3. check out this link, it is the ampeg website.

http://www.ampeg.com

click on the products drop down screen and scroll down to B3158

4. Noone interested? This a fairly large combo amp. weighs in at 97lbs! Has casters on the rear to haul it around. Has excellent tone.

5. Hmm... Yea it sparks my interest but it's rather large for me. Even my Crate BX-80 is rather heavy, like 78lbs. I think I'll stick with the regular Ampeg B-3 or B-2.

6. If so send me a note. Need pics and a short history of the unit.

7. mrpink

mrpink

Oct 29, 2004