Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg b4?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by downstairs, Apr 7, 2002.

1. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    i was at guitar center a few days ago (the one here is nice) and i played an ampeg b4 rack head, through an ampeg 8x10 (no horn). it sounded so nice, everything i wanted out of an amp. it didn't have a price on it, does anyone know how much i should be paying for one of these, or even what they are? thanks.

2. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    The B4R? Um... I believe at Musician's Friend they cost $944 or something like that. Never played through that but the B5R is really nice in my opinion.

3. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Yeah, I was considering swapping that for my SVT3 Pro. Has a bit more punch than the Ampeg I have. All solid state though. More flexibility as far as Biamping and crossing over are concerned. I ran across one for $675 used if that helps you in your price hunt. New I think they're around 9 bills.

Kurt

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    yup, right around $950.

5. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    it was a straight up ampeg B4, not the B4R rack head like you normally see, it had blue kinda hand-written look writing on it and a 9 band EQ.