1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ampeg b4?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by downstairs, Apr 7, 2002.

1. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    i was at guitar center a few days ago (the one here is nice) and i played an ampeg b4 rack head, through an ampeg 8x10 (no horn). it sounded so nice, everything i wanted out of an amp. it didn't have a price on it, does anyone know how much i should be paying for one of these, or even what they are? thanks.

2. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    The B4R? Um... I believe at Musician's Friend they cost $944 or something like that. Never played through that but the B5R is really nice in my opinion.

3. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Yeah, I was considering swapping that for my SVT3 Pro. Has a bit more punch than the Ampeg I have. All solid state though. More flexibility as far as Biamping and crossing over are concerned. I ran across one for $675 used if that helps you in your price hunt. New I think they're around 9 bills.

Kurt

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    yup, right around $950.

5. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    it was a straight up ampeg B4, not the B4R rack head like you normally see, it had blue kinda hand-written look writing on it and a 9 band EQ.