1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg B4R - 1000w solid state monster

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ulynch, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Nor Cal
    Closed the old thread, and dropping the price. It's resting comfortably in my smoke free home ... I've just got no need for something this size. Cash is best, as I've got pretty limited trade interests.

Ampeg B4R - $400 + actual shipping, or local sale in Nor Cal.

A poor man's SVT 4 Pro!

I'm not far from Sacramento, so San Francisco bay area meetups are possible. If shipping, USA and Canada only please. No overseas.

If I ship this, please account for that in the sale price. I'll charge just what it costs to get it to you, lovingly packed and insured on a major carrier. The amp weighs 39 lbs, so figure close to 50 lbs including packing materials.

Mostly I'm interested in cash, but I'll consider trades + cash in either direction. I could use a DI like a Sansamp BDDI, Eden WTDI, MXR M-80, or Hartke VXL. I'm looking for a rosewood-and-blocks Jazz width neck too.

I bought this amp from a guitar player friend who needed to fund a trip to Germany to play a festival there. He went, he rocked, he returned, and now he's broke and can't buy it back. It's heavier than I prefer, so I'll find a new home for it here.

Features
    • USA made
    • dual mosfet power amp section
    • biamp capable, with built-in adjustable crossover, and balance control for high/low channels
    • 9-band graphic EQ with level
    • balanced and unbalanced line outs with Pre/Post, Ground Lift and Level controls
    • effects loop with mix control
    • two separate POWER AMP IN/PREAMP OUT loops, one for each channel
    • (2 ohms): 500-Watts x 2
    • (4 ohms): 340-Watts x 2, or 1000-Watts (mono bridged)
    • (8 ohms): 205-Watts x 2, or 700-Watts (mono bridged)

More details at Ampeg. Here's the manual.

The serial number dates this to 2002. Since this is the American made model, there are no speakon connectors, only quarter and banana. The chassis is factory-drilled for speakons, and I purchased speakon jacks to install into the chassis, but since I decided not to keep the amp, I'll include the jacks, but leave it up to you to install them.

It's built like a tank with standard Ampeg heavy-duty quality, but it does have two minor issues. First, the 300Hz slider on the graphic EQ is gone. The internal slider still functions. There's also a very slight gank on the front Effects Mix knob. The knob works smoothly and noiselessly, but there is a mark on it. Otherwise it looks like this has lived its entire life in a rack.

6286841598_651e09d7e2_b.

A few more photos here.

Thanks TB!

2. DMH2

DMH2

Feb 5, 2009
    Union City CA
    I've got a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 that I'm interested in trading, would that fit your bill? It's just under 4 lbs, and sounds great, but I need a little more power for my 412.

3. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Nor Cal
    Thanks, but I don't really have a use for another head.

4. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Nor Cal
    bumparoo

5. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Nor Cal
    Trades considered for pedal pre-amps, P-bass bodies, J-bass necks, project basses, etc.

6. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Nor Cal
    Still here ...

7. Good amp here I traded locally for one and it's loud and has the sweet Ampeg tone to it killer deal here best of luck man

8. dieselbass

dieselbass

May 15, 2010
    Davis CA
    bump for a local. Would look good on the Mesa cab though