Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg b4r, svt 610hlf, and svt 15 sub.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by raidekilowatt, Sep 11, 2003.

1. hi i have currently upgraded my rig with a svt6 10 hlf and a svt 1 15. i have the neutrik to bannana speaker cables. what is the best way to run both of these cabinets. i currently run them paralelled out of the mono bridged. is there a better way? i definately do not want to damage my gear as it is hard hustled. i/e i had to work for it.

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    not to steal your post but how do u like the b4r and the 6x10. i have the b4r and im abot to get the 6x10, i was just curious how you liked the sound.

3. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    I'll second this.

4. i have it bridged mono with the bannana clips into neutrik (expensive but better) i play a specter euro 5 and it sounds really fat. warm. i can feel the screws rattling out the walls in our studio. i bought the cabinets new from gc in denver. 340.00 for the svt 15, and 650.00 for the svt 610 hlf. go with cash and play hardball. i bought the b4r as a rental but with the full warranty. i just want to know the best way to configure the spkr out on this thing. thanks!!!

5. just got a pedulla pj5( i have it on layaway only 1090.00 to go) anybody know anything about pedulla? the bass plays like its been buttered up. very smooth and rich tones out of the bartollinis.??? just curious about if anyone wants to tell me something good.

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    You are going below the 4 ohm min for the amp if you are running both cabs bridged. You might want to consider a seperate powwer amp for the 15. just my opinion. B4r with 610 hlf Great sound btw.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    CB is correct. You might damage something if you continue to use it this way.

Personally, I would commect them "Dual Mono". if you don't have the manual you can view it here:
    http://ampeg.com/manuals/B-4R.PDF
    You need Adobe Acrobat to read this file.

If I'm correct, you'll get 420W @ 4ohmn into the 610 & 255W @ 8ohms into the 115.

8. Elf2112

Elf2112

Aug 22, 2003
    actually, the B4R is tested to 2 ohms, one of the only heads that I have seen that is. So, running it down to 2 ohms wont bother anything at all.

9. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I could be wrong, but my manual says 2ohms per channel in stereo but 4 ohms when bridged.

10. yogyrott

yogyrott

Jun 29, 2007
    tucson, az
    i have a b4r / 6x10 set up bridged and i havent had the chance to go past 9'0clock, dont need to, it cuts thru the mix well. you can also bridge the two cabinets together that is if they are both 4ohm. the 6x10 manual has settings on how to do this.

11. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    These are the instances when RTMing not only helps one understand their gear better - it actually keeps the gear operational ; }

12. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    You could bridge them if they are 4 ohms, only if your amp can run at 2 ohms. For the B4R, this means you could run them in one channel this way. With a 4 and an 8 ohm cab, he could run them both into one channel, or one on each side, but not both bridged mono. You can bridge any number of cabs in any impedance, as long as your amp can handle the load.