Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg B4R

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tridecanone, Jul 30, 2003.

1. tridecanone

tridecanone

Jul 30, 2003
    I am looking for a used Ampeg B4R.

Anyone looking to unload one?

Also, anyone have any experience with this guy?

Happy?

2. I might have one for you. I retired it to my studio to use as a practice amp. I might be willing to sell it. To be honest, I retired it because it seemed to be really inconsistent with its tone. It has the power, no question. I love that 1000 Watts! But I play in loud bands and there is always competition to be heard over my guitars, and the sound I spend so much time honing when I practice would get lost when I let the B4R rip at full power in mono bridge. That said, it makes a great amp at studio levels when I want to get the instrument sounding just right.

If you are interested in it, email me!

-Pete

3. tridecanone

tridecanone

Jul 30, 2003
    you didn't leave your e-mail.

But I am interested.

How old?

How much?

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Pack yer bagzzz kiddo's, it's MOVIN' time

:)

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    TalkBass Forums > Bass Guitar > Classified Listings > <a href="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=11"><b><u>Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: Wanted</b></u></a>

There is a forum dedicated to threads like this. :)

6. Just to let you know....we moved this to private emails....I was replying to an existing post...not soliciting merch here.