1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg B5R footswitches

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rwrichbass, Feb 17, 2008.

1. rwrichbass

rwrichbass

Feb 17, 2008
    I just bought an Ampeg B5R and was wondering about what footswitch(es) to use. The manual really doesn't address this.
    There are two footswitch inputs in the back; one for changing the octavizer, the other for changing/mixing channels. The octave footswitch input requires a 2 switch footswitch. The channel input needs only a 1 switch footswitch.

Do I have to get one 2 switch (for the octavizer), plus one 1 footswitch (for the channel mixer) or does the head accept a three switch Ampeg footswitch.

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    You could probably order the the genuine Ampeg pedals but the manual seems to state that you can use most any generic Two-button footswitch with a 1/4" TRS type plug, and then also a standard issue one-button model with a regular 1/4" TS type plug for the channel switching.

Here's a few that should work fine, just match up the plug style and button count:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...button+guitar+amp+switching+pedal&btnG=Search

Quote from Online B5R Manual:
    31. OCTAVE/COMBINE FOOTSWITCH: Connect a two button
    footswitch to this jack for remote control of the Octave and
    Combine features. The tip connection controls the Octave feature
    and the ring connection controls the Combine feature.
    32. CHANNEL FOOTSWITCH: Connect a single button
    footswitch to this jack for remote channel selection

3. rwrichbass

rwrichbass

Feb 17, 2008
    Ander

Ok, that's what I thought. I'll check it out.

Many thanks!

RW

4. bowlee

bowlee

Jan 24, 2009
    do you know where I can get the original pedal that comes with the head?