Ampeg B5R

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by J. from Samsara, Feb 24, 2003.

1. I am interested in getting an Ampeg B5R. I was wondering the opinions out there with this amp. I will be using it with a Vintage 810 and P basses. Right now I am using an SVT CL or a 2PRO, will the B5R keep up with them? I just can't handle the weight every weekend:bawl:
  2. Ziggy

May 9, 2001
    Orange County, CA

I was playing my 'P' bass out of a B-2R... if I recall correctly, 375w peak. Not sure what the SVT CL puts out, but I was very happy with my Ampeg. Then, I stumbled upon a used SWR...

michael s.
  3. rickycootee

Oct 24, 2001
    Statesboro GA
    hey I have an b5r that I use with a avatar 410 cab and am very impressed with it I have never played an all tube head but I have played an svt pro3 I think (the ones with just the tube pre) and it keeps up with that pretty well the overdrive is not quite as warm because there is no tube not that it is bad just different than a tube head I play a presicion and a jazz and it sounds good on both anything from real thick sounding to lots of definition I was impressed especially since I came from using a b100r which sounds absolutly beautiful (highly recommended)>>>Brian