1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BA-108 Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by srslots81, Jun 27, 2012.

1. srslots81

srslots81

May 29, 2012
    So I got the Ampeg BA-108 knowing full well it is a very limited small amp. I just purchased it for low apartment play here in NY but the speaker rattle is much worse than I expected. It is too frustrating to even play at 1.5 volume.

Does one of the other small amps (fender, ibanez, peavy etc) have less rattle. I really don't need to play loud at all with this, my ideal volume is the Ampeg BA-108 at 2.

Thanks!

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    May just be a loose screw mounting the speaker or other loose hardware/handle, etc. Go through the thing and make sure everything is tight. Also make sure it isn't something else in the apartment resonating, etc.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, mine doesn't rattle. Do what Will says, and if it still sounds like a rattle coming from the amp itself, call Ampeg CS and see what they say.

4. srslots81

srslots81

May 29, 2012
    Thanks for the replies. I am going to check everything this evening. I am still within my guitarcenter 30 days, so if I cannot fix it I will exchange it. Good to know I can exchange it versus having to get a different one, because I do like to tone on this for such a cheap amp. The sound is definitely coming from the amp and not something else in the apt. I triple checked that one :)

5. hodgy

hodgy

May 5, 2004
    Bothell, WA
    Customer Support- Ampeg/ Line 6
    I'd take it and trade it for another one. We reworked a bunch of these to fix that rattle, but of course there are always some that got out before we started fixing the problem.

6. funkybass

funkybass

Oct 19, 2006
    Indiana
    I bought mine at Christmas and have the same problem.