1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BA-108V2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reuven, Oct 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. reuven

reuven Commercial User

Oct 11, 2016
    Hi
    1)should i buy the Ampeg BA108V2 or the fender rumble 15?
    2)i have the mxr bass DI + M80 and i want to use it in fornt of the amp (as overdrive), it will soud good?
    because when i run the XLR into my computer it's sound bad so i put a cab simulator and it's sound good but dark.

2. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    S. Texas Hill Country
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    I really hate to mention this here, but your post isn't easy to understand. I get 1) for sure, and really that's just a matter of taste. Go try them out and buy the one you like. As for 2), exactly how are you run(ning) the XLR into your computer? With an adapter- ie: hi-z to low-z, or an interface perhaps? That information would make a huge difference in your responses. Give it another try and perhaps you'll get some answers that will help you out.

3. reuven

reuven Commercial User

Oct 11, 2016
    is the MXR bass do + will sound good on the Ampeg BA108V2?
    or sound like digital amp without cab

4. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    The best way to find out is bring your pedal and bass to the shop that has the amps and try it out. Only you can decide if it sounds good to you.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I agree with everyone's answers. Try them out and get the one you like. And bring your MXR pedal.

As for the cab simulator, if it's adjustable, try setting it to cut off highs at 5k.

6. reuven

reuven Commercial User

Oct 11, 2016
    o.k