Ampeg BA-115 SP amp $325 used, digital effects

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chi42069, May 29, 2003.

1. chi42069

chi42069 Guest

Apr 23, 2000
    i was in a guitar shoptoday that sells mostly used gear. They got an ampeg ba 115 sp for $325 used. 15 inch speaker, 100 watts, and special effects: bass syth, wah, distortion, echo, and etc. Do u all think this is a good buy? any experiences with this amp? This will mostly be a practice amp for me being that it is my first amp. But i think this would be a good amp to jam with people.

2. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Not too shabby. A while ago I bought the plain one with no effects for about 350 or so. Not too bad for a practice amp. (There's a bit of complaint about it making hissing noise when no music is being played, but I didn't notice it that much)

Was a nice amp. Good deal I'd say :)
  3. The_Liquid_Bass

Sep 27, 2007
    I guess, im buying it for 150$ nearly brand new. :hyper:
  4. big stubby

big stubby

Feb 1, 2007
    I had a very bad experience with the ba 115, bought one and it died literally in 3 minutes out of the box, replaced it and the next one was in the shop 3 times in one year. It's long gone now
  5. brandtb

Aug 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Heckuva deal for $150...jump on it. I used to have a BA-115 (no efx) and it did me reasonably well...I couldn't quite get the tone I wanted out of it (and wanted something more portable), so I sold it for something much smaller.

Enjoy the amp!
  6. RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Just don't expect much from the onboard effects. I had the BA210SP very breifly. Though the amp was ok, the effects are garbage.