1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg BA-115 SP amp $325 used, digital effects

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chi42069, May 29, 2003.

1. chi42069

chi42069 Guest

Apr 23, 2000
    kentucky
    i was in a guitar shoptoday that sells mostly used gear. They got an ampeg ba 115 sp for $325 used. 15 inch speaker, 100 watts, and special effects: bass syth, wah, distortion, echo, and etc. Do u all think this is a good buy? any experiences with this amp? This will mostly be a practice amp for me being that it is my first amp. But i think this would be a good amp to jam with people.

peace

chi

2. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Not too shabby. A while ago I bought the plain one with no effects for about 350 or so. Not too bad for a practice amp. (There's a bit of complaint about it making hissing noise when no music is being played, but I didn't notice it that much)

Was a nice amp. Good deal I'd say :)

3. The_Liquid_Bass

The_Liquid_Bass

Sep 27, 2007
    I guess, im buying it for 150$ nearly brand new. :hyper:

4. big stubby

big stubby

Feb 1, 2007
    I had a very bad experience with the ba 115, bought one and it died literally in 3 minutes out of the box, replaced it and the next one was in the shop 3 times in one year. It's long gone now

5. brandtb

brandtb

Aug 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Heckuva deal for $150...jump on it. I used to have a BA-115 (no efx) and it did me reasonably well...I couldn't quite get the tone I wanted out of it (and wanted something more portable), so I sold it for something much smaller.

Enjoy the amp!

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Just don't expect much from the onboard effects. I had the BA210SP very breifly. Though the amp was ok, the effects are garbage.