Ampeg BA-115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MistaMarko, Feb 19, 2006.

1. MistaMarko

Feb 3, 2006
    Shreveport, LA
    Endorsements: Warwick Basses, Warwick Amps, EMG Pickups, Dunlop Strings
    Dependable for big gigs? How do these compare to mesa boogies and marshalls and peavey amps?
  2. steve21

steve21 Banned

It's a cheap amp that sounds half-decent but hisses all of the time.
  3. I owned one for 2 years and at 100 watts it's not a big gig amp. It does have a line out so that helps and it is a pretty loud 100 watts but I prefer it for smaller rooms. Mine never hissed but this isn't the first time I've read about that.
  4. lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Would have to agree. I wouldnt use it for anything but a practice amp. I cant get loud enough to practice in a band with and the sound aint that great eitheri really wouldnt use it as a a practice amp either now that i think about it. You really have to turn this thing up to get a full balanced sound out of it

Ohh ill sell you mine!!!!
  5. MistaMarko

Feb 3, 2006
    Shreveport, LA
    Endorsements: Warwick Basses, Warwick Amps, EMG Pickups, Dunlop Strings
    I've had one for 4 months..It's perfect...just..I have 5 EQ knobs on my bass + like 6 on my amp and Im not sure how to get different tones, but it seems loud to me...just wondering how they compare..its the biggest amp i have, and need for now. Mine doesnt hiss, but what do you mean by hiss?...
  6. It has a built in non adjustable tweeter that can hiss, I guess some more than others.
  7. Rat

Mar 15, 2005
    Boston Sewers
    I didn't care for it my self...But then again I'm a GK man :eyebrow:
  8. Loved mine! Great sound. Hissing was never an issue for me as all I had to do was turn down the treble a bit, and I never sacrificed sound.
    I only sold mine as I do not gig anymore!
    Try one and see if you like it or not. Good luck.
  9. 91hondast1100

Jul 19, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I owned one for two weeks and could never get use to the hissing. After reading posts on Ampeg's website, this website and others about hissing issues I thought I'd gamble and hope that I wouldn't have issues with mine. I lost, returned it back to the dealer for a full refund.
  10. ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Do yourself a favor. get yourself a B100R!! :D

Back on topic: Non-adjustable tweeter? what wiseguy thought that one up?

I've played them before in music stores and was never really impressed with the tone. The one I played didn't respond very well to adjusting the EQ knobs and did have that hiss, but that might have been that particular one.
  11. ricplyrz

Dec 26, 2005
    Mine also went back, besides the hissing, mine "overheated"...could smell the heat from it...did not play very loud and was very easy to "fart" the speaker. I belive it to of been a bad amp. Sent it back for a ba210...had problems right out of the box with that one also. I still own and use Ampeg, but they, IMO, need better quality control, however, both my pieces now, svt cl and svt410hlf worked right out of the box and are flawless....cept for the fan I had to repair on the cl....:meh: